- Lightning vs. Penguins – Pittsburgh fans are in for a fist-fest
- Mercury Retrograde is over and gloves are off
- Jon Cooper wants this bad, and he’ll stop at nothing to get results from his players
Good news, for Game 5 between Tampa Bay Lightning and Pittsburgh Penguins Mercury is Direct and Retrograde madness is finally over! It hasn’t been easy for some teams to weather the trickster (Top 10 Mercury Retrograde Playoff Moments) BUT NOW… it feels like the “real” Playoffs can begin.
For many players things will suddenly click and the glitches and frustration of the last 24 Days will be lifted. With fewer delays, equipment failure, and better line communication… what could go wrong?
The Sun is opposite Mars tonight and this lights a fire on the ice tonight. Tonight has the potential to be an outright brawl-fest with Aries and Leo players leading the charge. With MRx over and logistics and skills back to normal, this anger-fueled shift in temperament will take center stage and we’re likely to see emotions run amock.
Who will be impacted the most?
Lightning Players Impacted:
- Tyler Johnson will be visibly cued in to his coaches directive and will take it on himself to squash the Penguins’ home-ice confidence.
- Nikita Kucherov is a Gemini and today, with Mercury Direct things will just “work” for him. He’ll feel a sense of flow and his frustrations with his own game play will be lifted. He’ll feel happy and confident and it’s this confidence that will allow him to be a huge contributor.
- Ondrej Palat will be extremely aggressive tonight. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is at the center of any ice brawls.
- Jonathan Drouin will be red hot tonight. He’s an Aries with Mars in Leo. He’s already been proven his worth with impressive performances in games 1-4 and tonight he’s got the passion to deliver impressively.
- Cedric Paquette and Ryan Callahan are both feeling the intensity of tonight, particularly Callahan who will waste no time getting into it with the Penguins. That said, he has the ability to compartmentalize his feelings when the scoring opportunity presents – especially on power plays. He will be clear when he needs to be and pissed off when provoked — perfect for tonight.
- Erik Condra and Jonathan Marchessault will be feeling angry and it will likely manifest in more aggressive speed and risky reaches. They may not have the composure to avoid penalties.
- Victor Hedman will have a solid night, and will rise to the energy of the night but will likely avoid the phsyical chaos. He will be more focused on winning and less on fighting.
- Anton Stralman will be fueled with a new found determination and it will project as intimidation on the ice. He will not hesitate and carry himself with a very angry persona. He’ll look more pissed than he is and this facade will make the Penguins hesistate.
- Andrej Sustr is astrologically positioned to dominate tonight. Not only will he play well, he’ll be fun to watch — smiling despite the intensity of the evening. Tonight he’s just happy to play hockey and it shows.
- Braydon Coburn is also going to be a key contributor defensively by generating chaos but keeping a clear head when under pressure.
- Andrei Vasilevskiy is starting to feel the flow, and more importantly he’s got Mars in Gemini and with Mercury Direct today he should finally start to feel comfortable in his new role as starting goalie. He will feel at home in his net, a connection with his pipes, and overall his gear will feel like an extension of himself. He is a Leo Sun Sign and with the Suns opposition with Mars he will be feeling particularly feisty. His new crease confidence he will fuel him to take issue with any Penguin who is remotely interfering with his game.
Penguin Players Impacted:
- Sidney Crosby will be, not entirely uncharacteristically, worked up. What will be different about his game tonight is that instead of being the victim, he will be an instigator. His play will be more aggressive. What may surprise him is he may not get the results he wants from his new found ‘tude.
- If the First Line is Chris Kunitz, Sidney Crosby, and Patric Hornquvist they could be effective. Particuarly Kunitz who, when taking shots, will hold nothing back.
- Conor Sheary is going to be on the same bandwagon as Crosby – fired up and physical. BUT unlike Crosby, Sheary may find he is able to get more done and things just fall his way easier. And with Evegni Malkin and Bryan Rust as his line mates, these three will be rattling Vasilevskiy’s net
- If you thought the HBK Line couldn’t get any better… you were wrong… tonight they will impacted in all the right ways. Carl Hagelin will be particularly hot tonight AND more importantly Mercury direct is favoring him to get lucky.
- Nick Bonino will feel more calm and controlled tonight making it easy to ignore the Bolts’ aggressive play and allowing him to do what he does best.
- Phil Kessel will play hard and find he may turn lemons into lemonade if involved with physical altercations; that said he may not come out on the winning end of any aggressive tactics.
- Fourth line for the Pens – Tom Kuhnhackl, Matt Culen and Eric Fehr may be a bit emotionally distracted tonight. They will use this emotion to their advantage but it may not be enough to offset the Lightnings’ determined Fourth Line
- Watch out for Kris Letang tonight. He has Aries all over the place and that means he’s looking to start a fight. He’s eager to piss of anyone he needs to in order to create scoring opportunities. And he has the energetic flow to do it tonight. With Mars in Gemini, he’s finally going to get the results he’s been wanting throughout this series. He is likely to be a focal point for the D tonight.
- Brian Dumoulin has the potential to have a pretty stellar night. He’s got passion and perfectionist approach to tonight’s game which is needed to stave off the instigating Bolts.
- Justin Schultz will be feeling like he has a purpose and knows exactly when, where and what he needs to do. He’ll be well positioned and take aggressive shots, which if the Lightning blink, will slip right in net.
It seems as if Marc-Andre Fleury will be starting tonight. And astrologically speaking, that’s not a bad thing. His chart is free of any added intensity that could distract him from his re-entry into net. That said, if the Bolts come on as strongly as their energy suggests, and Fluery gets flustered… Matt Murray is actually a strong and very good option. He’s a Gemini with Mercury in Gemini. He should be feeling a sense of calm and clarity today with Mercury direct. His last game was intense but also was happening as Mercury was in it’s last phases of MRx. Now he’s free of that and likely able to put in a very solid showing.
So Who Comes Out Ahead?
Tonight we will see an extremely worked up Jon Copper. He’s done being Mr. Business and now he’s outright pissed. He’ll make no bones about it tonight. Refs, players and press will be surprised at his candid and direct attitude toward tonight’s game. He wants this win and he is holding all his players accountable. This energy will be felt across the entire Bolts bench and if done with intent will be the reason for the win. While this energy itself will be contentious and not necessarily easy to take, in Hockey… these players can use anger and fire to get results. The key will be not over reaching and risking injury or excessive penalties.
Mike Sullivan on the other hand will be as worked up, but it will not be as visible to his team. He will keep a calm demeanor but his intensity will be felt through short poignant locker room talks and under his breath jabs. His knows the talent and strengths of his players and he will make adjustments accordingly tonight. He has a bit of luck on his side, so he know that whatever choices he has to make, nothing will be so catastrophic that he will take the fall.